There’s nothing like the gift of giving over the holiday season. Whether gifts are big or small, bought or made, it’s a great way to show how grateful you are for the important people in your life. And while you’re spoiling loved ones this December, don’t forget to treat yourself too.
In all seriousness, this time of year can be so busy with all kinds of holiday parties, shopping, baking, etc., that we can lose sight of our own needs. Don’t forget to take some time just for you. Holidays should feel like holidays! Start the new year feeling refreshed and ready to face new challenges by taking time to delight in the small things.
Here are a few ways to “Treat Yo’ Self” this season:
- Instead of your regular double-double, spend a few more bucks and get yourself a fancy latte with all the fixings.
- There are so many decadent treats served this time of year (Hello Brie!), give yourself a break on the calorie counting and enjoy something tasty.
- While you work through everyone’s Christmas lists at the mall, take a detour to one of your favourite shops and pick-up a little something just for you.
Escape the holiday madness
- Spending time with family is great and all, but sometimes it can feel a little overwhelming. Be sure to carve out time for some peace and quiet to help you relax.
- The holidays are always scheduled with parties and family time booked weeks in advance. Save some time to be spontaneous and go with the flow.
- If you’re lucky enough to get time off, use the extra days to go for a short trip to recharge for the new year ahead.
Reflect and Prepare
- With the new year approaching, the holidays are the perfect time for some self reflection. Evaluate the year gone by and reflect back on your accomplishments.
- Once you’ve had a chance to reflect on the past year, start setting goals for what you hope to achieve in the year ahead.
- There are so many things to look forward to in December that January can sometimes feel like a bit of a bore. Prevent the post-holiday blues by planning some fun activities and social events for January.
Take some time to treat yourself this week. Remember it’s not about breaking the bank, but rather finding small ways to show yourself a little TLC.